Saturday, October 26, 2013

Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop!

This semester I am in an Intermediate Illustration class.  This class focuses on putting story into illustrations as well as transitioning from traditional to digital paint. We were given three assignments to learn and get used to digital painting. The first project we did was taking a picture of an object in the kitchen and rendering it.

This was my first time painting in photoshop. Like actual painting and rendering. I definitely found it challenging and had my struggles for sure.  However, I did learn so much from this and it was a great way to start learning and getting used to photoshop.

Next we were given a photo of a valley to copy.


This was the most challenging of the three. I think it is because of the organic shapes and values. It definitely gave me a run for my money. But as before, a lot was learned here. 



The last project was Rockafeller Center. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish this one. I do plan on revisiting it when I have the time because I really do love it. This one taught me a lot with masking, and patience, but mostly masking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment